Monday, January 4, 2016

Ladies, Lets get NAKED

When I say "natural beauty", what is the first image that pops into your head? I'm willing to bet that it isn't an image of yourself. 
And that is SAD.


I once read something that said something along the lines of "Don't compare your behind the scenes to someone else's highlight reel." and oh, how true is that? I've seen quite a few people who have written off Instagram because of the false sense of perfectionism that can be applied to someone's life. I get it. I find myself looking at other mom pages on there and thinking, "how in the heck do they dress their children in nice clothes every day, cook dinner, clean the house and keep themselves looking presentable at the same time. But then I add these moms on snapchat.... and oh my.... I'll let you in on a little secret:They're just like the rest of us! Chaos, messes and bad days.
Kind of like celebrities:
















I am NOT someone who has the energy to get myself around every day. Especially if I'm not going anywhere. Can I get an "AMEN"? Then most of the time when I do actually get to leave the house without the kids, I  DEFINITELY do not have the energy to get myself together. After checking to make sure I don't have food on my face or clothes, I run like hell. But that is the difference between Kailei- pre kids and Kailei- post kids. I wouldn't have been caught dead outside of my house without my hair AND makeup perfect pre kids. Today, I am just happy when the kids and I can complete a shopping trip without any major tantrums or blow out diapers- naked face and all.


There was something I saw shared on facebook that said, "If it takes you more than 30 minutes to get ready, maybe you aren't as pretty as you think you are." Uhhhhh, no. Betch, If it takes me 7 hours to get ready, I am still just as pretty as I think I am. Because ain't no body going to knock on my confidence!

Now with that being said, I agree that some women still have a better grasp on being a "natural beauty" or being "naked faced" than I do. 


Have you ever tried to draw a picture of something and had it turn out like this?


Well, that's basically how my life goes. I watch a contouring tutorial and end up looking like snooki because my entire face is covered in bronzer. Or when I've achieved the perfect eye shadow but then this happens
This can be applied to all areas of my life.



If I want to look good, I've got to work for it.

To quote Mama June


  But even then, in the words of Jenna Marbles, "I have three looks"

The same goes for my hair also.


But seriously, if you were to add up all of the money you spend a month on trying to be a "natural beauty", would you be shocked? Ashamed? I know that the final total will differ from one woman to the next, but no matter how small, there is still a number; mascara, foundation, powder, concealer, hair spray, lip gloss/stick, bras, straightener, curling irons, moisturizers, lotions, perfumes....
Now think about the reason you have, or for most women, need all of those things. When I asked women, their responses were all very similar; "because I need it." "Because I look awful without it" "I would die if I didn't have it" but not a single response had anything to do with themselves. No one said, "I have it because I like to wear it". We all have insecurities, we all have flaws, but honestly, aren't our flaws what make us unique? 


Once my little sister asked me to take my picture and I wouldn't let her because I didn't have my make up on. She was maybe 3 and I was 20. She didn't understand why it mattered, but I told her that I didn't like the way I looked without it and boy, did she give me the craziest look. But up until that exact moment, I  had never thought about how silly it sounded or how ridiculous it was that I was implying to my baby sister, a little girl who had yet to be tainted by ads and the world, that she would eventually not be good enough unless she was wearing make up? 

From that moment on, I always told her differently. When she would want to put on make up because I was too, I always asked her, "why do we wear make up?" and she always responded," not because we need it but because it is fun to put on." 
Think about the influence you're putting out into the world. Are you being a good example to your daughters, sisters, friends, etc?

Give this a thought, if we all boycotted companies that told us that we weren't good enough for the rest of the world because we didn't use their products, how much better of a place would the world be? 

Besides, why is it just women?

Because lets face it: There is no winning. Skinny or Plump. Make up or Natural.
We will always be labeled something by society.



I've asked for some women to volunteer going all natural to show women all over the world that there is beauty in just being Y-O-U! 

Amber

Janice

 Bobbi

Sharon

 Jody

And last but not least, my naked face

Ladies, in 2016 take the time to learn to love your naked face and always remember:




Would you like to be featured in an upcoming blog? Contact us via email wiles.kailei@gmail.com or on instagram: TheWalkingMombiee

No comments:

Post a Comment