Thursday, May 5, 2016

Cinco De Mayo and Kids = Alcohol Free

HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!

Now, for those of you who have no idea what this holiday represents, no worries. I don't either. In the years past I have always just known it as a holiday that I usually didn't remember... Because of tequila....



and let me tell you, bad choices were made...


BUT this year is different (so were the past two, but since I was super pregnant the one and had a new born AND an 11 month old last year, who had time to celebrate ANYTHING?). This year is different because my kids are old enough to participate.... aka notice when I have something and they don't.

My answer to that?

Thats right. I said it. ALCOHOL FREE margaritas.
No worries, make extra, save it for later and then add your poison of choice after that magic hour comes-- BEDTIMMEEE



What You'll Need:

-Blender
-Fruit
-Ice 
-Juice

STEP 1

Cut up your fruit. 
We used frozen strawberries because, well, I had them and lucky for us that we did, because after getting everything around and grabbing the ice tray, I realized that it was empty. In the freezer. Thanks, Mombie Brain.
(we used strawberries, lime juice, tangerines, frozen grapes- not pictured-  and white peaches. No specific reason on any of these choices, they just simply what I had in the fruit basket at the time)


STEP 2

Add it all to the blender. Obviously I needed D's steady hand to make sure the job was done correctly. 

 

STEP 3

Add your juice. 
Because we are a SUPER health conscious family who only eats organic (HA), we use Juicy Juice. Flavor: Apple Raspberry, again, because its what we had on hand.


STEP 4

MIX THOSE SUCKERS UP!!*



*Side Note: my son LOVES the margaritas, but he is TERRIFIED of the blender, So being the awesome mom that I am, I laugh and take a picture, duh.


STEP 5

Serve 'em up! I got these adorable, no leak, glass milk jugs from the $ section at Target! 2/$3. You can't beat it. I LOVE them!

 

KID APPROVED!










No comments:

Post a Comment